BASIC EXPECTATIONS OF A DELTA CHI
- I will strive for academic achievement and practice academic integrity.
- I will respect the dignity and worth of all persons. I will not physically, mentally, psychologically or sexually abuse or haze any human being.
- I will protect the health and safety of all human beings.
- I will respect my property and the property of others; therefore, I will neither abuse nor support the abuse of property.
- I will meet my financial obligations in a timely manner.
- I will neither use nor support the use of illegal drugs. I will neither abuse nor support the abuse of alcohol.
- I will acknowledge that a clean and attractive environment is essential to both physical and mental health; therefore, I will do all in my power to see that the chapter property is safe, properly cleaned and maintained.
- I will know and understand the ideals expressed in my fraternity Ritual and will incorporate them into my daily life.
- I will exercise compassion and understanding in dealing with all persons.
- I will challenge all my fraternity members to abide by these fraternity obligations and will confront those who violate them.
MINIMUM STANDARDS FOR CHARTERING
The colony/chapter must:
- Have a membership equal to or larger than the campus fraternity average.
- Become functional in all areas: including recruitment, academics, service projects, intramurals, housing, finances, etc
- Have a colony grade point average that is equal to or above the all men’s average
- Have written programs for all operational areas
- Have an Alumni Board of Trustees (ABT) composed of a majority of Delta Chis
- Have adequate and competitive housing (initially, adequate housing may be a section of the college or university’s residence halls)
- Have active alumni and faculty advisors
- Be financially stable
- Have approval by the institution and its IFC
- Petition the Delta Chi Board of Regents for its charter. The Chartering Petition should contain all written programs, a statement of colony history, budget reports, and a statement of purpose.